30 June 2011

Lust - Cartier Tutti Frutti


I love getting emails from Cartier. They're a perfect excuse to browse their website, pick out matching LOVE collection bits to go with the ring Josey got me for my birthday one year, and to imagine what it would be like to have lived almost 100 years ago when their jewels really were one of a kind works of art.

Yesterday an email with the subject "Rouge Cartier" popped up in my inbox and as soon as I clicked on it, I was smitten with their "Tutti Frutti" collection. Maharajas from India in the 1930s were so taken with the Cartier style that numerous gems and jewels were given to them in order for spectacular pieces to be made. The results were beyond. Tutti Frutti "still flourishes at Cartier" according to the website. It just makes me want to hop on a plane (well, and a time machine) and go to India immediately.
(Click on images for larger size)

No comments: