19 March 2012

Chusma

In one of my past lives, I was definitely a gossipy old granny. I love knowing who's who when we're out at a restaurant and checking out people everywhere I go. I know. Kind of lame, but it's fun to me. Luckily in BA there are lots of quasi "famous" (let's just say local "celebs" aka B-list people) that you're bound to see, whether you're at the gym, a Palermo restaurant, or somewhere in between.

At Bella Italia last week, we had a pretty good celeb-tastic sighting. Seated all together were City Mayor Mauricio Macri, his stunning wife/fashion designer Juliana Awada, and TV journalist Viviana Canosa. Best part - Viviana used to date/live with Juliana's ex! Juicy details like that make it even more fun to eavesdrop (a little hard to do if you're 5 tables away).



 Two days before, at Bengal (always full of politicos during lunch since it's next door to the Foreign Ministry. Vice-President Amado Boudou totally checked me out when we saw him there last August) with Katie, we saw Carlos Bianchi (one of the most famous soccer players/coaches in Argentina & who oddly resembles Larry David) and Ricardo Alfonsín (former presidential candidate & son of Argentina's first democratically elected president after the military dictatorship ended in 1983). I love a good sighting. Sad.

 
 

No comments: