04 September 2009

A Few Things ...

1. TGIF.

2. Feliz Día de la Secretaria ! Please, if you are cool enough to have a secretary, buy her some flowers, a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils, or perhaps even an "agenda electrónica" (that last one was a gift idea from a very official Día de la Secretaria website)

3. The Government of the City of Buenos Aires has finally realized that there should be some kind of control put on the use of plastic bags at the supermarkets !! Praise the Lord. Rather than put 10 items in 9 plastic bags (also doubling up those bags on very heavy items like ... lettuce), during the next four years, shoppers and supermarkets alike will have to start using eco-friendly, reusable bags. This is clearly a fabulous idea, and perhaps will also revolutionize the small-trashcan industry in Argentina. Instead of having a nice, big, gigantic trash can in the kitchen (one that comes up to your thigh, for example), Argentines have these tiny little "tachos" that can't even hold a pizza box. Kind of ridiculous. Especially when you have to crouch over to shove all your food scraps and trash in. Although you do save money on trash bags because you just use your old grocery bags. Hmm...... this might be the start of a real "creeeesis" for the Argies.

4. I finished "New Moon" in 2 days and I am fully in love with a vampire. Get me "Eclipse" NOW SOMEBODY PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!

5. October is proving to be the month of concerts in BA. Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys, the Prodigy, Faith No More .... definitely looking forward to summer and good music.

That is all. My life is boring and I have nothing exciting to say. I could list all of the new words I have learned in Italian but that wouldn't be that fun for you. Last night we had an amazingly delicious and spicy Bengal dinner. OH WAIT now I remember. On the way to dinner last night (ok on the 2 block walk), as we passed in front of the Palacio San Martín, there were like 10 armed cars, guards with machine guns, Secret Service police people with dogs and sirens and even an ambulance. We figured that it must be Kirchner, who basically sucks, but I wanted to get a glimpse anyway. Then I saw a beautiful dog in the park across the street and squealed in delight. The guard with the machine gun didn't seem to happy about that outburst of emotion.


Then on the way back, I met the most kind and gentle GIANT Doberman named Delfi. We played in the driveway of the apartment until I felt that I was being rude/scaring away the owners because I actually tried to get the dog to follow me into the building. But she was sooooo sweet !! And GIGANTIC and she jumped up on her owner with this big floppy tongue and I basically melted with love. I ignored the Boxer that was with them because I am still scarred by my facial attack by Scamp the asshole boxer that bit me last year. Hmpg.

1 comment:

nennella said...

Fue el día de la Secretaria y del Inmigrante! so.. Congrats!