After the monsoons of Buenos Aires wore down every nerve fiber of patience and acceptance of bad weather, we have escaped to Punta del Este for an end of summer getaway to take advantage of current unemployment.
Yes, that is right. I am now jobless and actually quite relieved. Change is never easy for me, and I had many sleepless nights over whether this was the decision I needed to make. However after weighing my options and my hopes for the future, I realized now was the moment! Seize the day! To be honest, I feel great, if not occassionally nervous when I wonder if anyone will ever hire me again.
I am taking advantage of this newfound free time and mental peace to indulge in my newfound (or rediscovered? Wasn't it Socrates, or Aristotle, who said that we're in an eternal process of remembering the things that we have already, and always known?) - passion for design and the process of creating a beautiful home & surrounding myself with beautiful things. When I was young I was always involved in some kind of creative art summer camp or special art classes. I used to batik when I was 9 years old! I used to be cool. I plan to work to re-embrace that creativity and love for all things peaceful, beautiful and pleasing to the eye.
Starting with my mini project of re-doing the downstairs powder room, I hope to discover wonderful trinkets and finds all across Buenos Aires and share them with you.
Now my biggest dilemma is wondering if we'll extend our stay in Punta by a few days since Sunday and Monday were cloudy. Currently I'm looking out over the balcony, pondering the waves and the greenish blue sea, and I'm thinking that perhaps all I need right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment