14 February 2010

Happy Valentine's Day


It's been a very happy and love-y weekend in BA. Yesterday I did a little climbing and unleashed my inner hippie/crazy person (the things you do for love) and actually enjoyed it. Well, I had a mini panic attack the first time I got up on the wall and realized I was about 15 feet above the ground. But the following attempts were quite fun. I stuffed my face full of Indian food and we tried a new Torrontés (Miraflor, not nearly as good as Colomé but I digress), celebrated a friend's birthday and all around had a great time.

Today also got off to a fantastic start, with a couple episodes of House followed by a good run in the Rose Garden up in Palermo. The sun finally came out so I took it as a sign to get my daily Vitamin D intake and basked in the glow of a fine February afternoon surrounded by incredible roses.

We also saw a little frenchie (who looked exactly like Yoda) roaming around and chasing sticks and birds through the park. It made my day.

Until I got home.

To find out that we were suffering from a massive ... ANT INVASION.

I'm not kidding. These things were streaming out of this random thing in the kitchen floor. I lost it. I started spraying Off on them and bitching and swearing off these miniature beasts. It was like I was in one of the Biblical plagues but I wasn't wearing a tunic and José didn't have a massive beard. I was on the war path. Luckily we had bought some ant killer because they come out of the dirt we have in our plants and get in little holes in the bricks outside and watch me brush my teeth in the morning.

I was ready to kill. Some of the poison was already prepared in some old cleaning product bottle and I literally went to town. I sprayed like I had never sprayed before. We opened up the opening in the kitchen floor (it's like a little drain or something, covered with 2 layers of metal tiles) and I was in disbelief at how many ants were just hanging out in there !

So I took it upon myself to ruin their Valentine's Day. And it felt good. I hope they learned their lesson. I guess it's better that they were ants and not rats or cockroaches. But COME ON.

In other news, Happy Chinese New Year. I'm a Tiger. Rowr.


No comments: