First off, I love that I can walk to work! It's not the most scenic of routes - just the first minutes as I cross Plaza San Martín - but it's an 11 block walk and I'm so happy I can save my monedas on bus or subte fare. Our offices are just a few steps away from Calle Florida, the most horrendous and hectic street in Buenos Aires, but the one bonus is that everything is within reach, close by and will always provide hilarious people-watching opportunities (Argentine men LOVE to wear suits and they love letting their chest hair roam free in the urban wilderness).
I was told by my boss to think of the office as my home and that I should act as such. Therefore I will be leaving plenty of room for a floral budget - just because it's a law office doesn't mean it has to be boring and miserable. I am happy with my little area so far. I still need lots of organizational things and fabulous items like filing cabinets but it should be a fun adventure. We'll see.
Last night we went to an opening for José's father's best friend, Clorindo Testa. Clorindo designed the National Library as well as other important buildings in downtown Buenos Aires. He still maintains offices as an architect but he is an amazingly talented artist, and I love his work. Their apartment is filled with his collection of African masks, tiny tin ships, incredible antiques from all over the world, and the walls are filled with some of his first drawings (my favorite: a tricycle drawn at age 4). He has a cat named Bill and he is one of my favorite personalities. He and José's father spent many trips together in Italy (both are Italian) - some of my favorite works of his were made just for Lele. One is an ink drawing of a bottle of grappa made for Lele's 80th birthday, and the other is a semi-abstract of the mountains in Sicily.
I feel like I have digressed for no reason. Here is a photo of Clorindo:

Ok. So what else? It's Friday. That's a good thing. Looking forward to relaxing this weekend and catching up on my sleep! I also feel like some Indian food would be a great idea. Bengal, anyone?
Sadly, due to my 9-hour workdays I have very little time left over to decorate the house and come up with fun and exciting projects. I hope that I will be able to find a balance and make time to ensure the beauty and harmony of our little nest!
Off to buy flowers...
No comments:
Post a Comment