We've been on the go since we went to NYC and came back last week - it was an awesome if not quick trip up to see some of my closest friends and to have some fun! Deb was ecstatic as we had a celebrity sighting while lunching at Bar Pitti with Fran - Ellen DeGeneres & Portia de Rossi - which definitely made her trip! Haha. We also had fun at Kleinfeld looking for wedding dresses; once again, Deb was so excited to be among her favorites from the TLC show "Say Yes to the Dress." Keasha was our consultant and she was so fun and kind!
Another place we visited was the j.crew bridal boutique. Spread the word. Let. Down. I was completely and utterly disappointed in it. The girls were completely unprofessional, the quality of the gowns was so poor, and they barely had any stock available! I was shocked. The big difference between their bridal line and actual bridal designers is that their dresses are mass-produced rather than made for you specifically. The price point is much better, but not when you add up alterations (which they don't provide for you in-house), the veil, etc. I was glad we went to Kleinfeld last since it was a great way to end the trip - on a high note rather than bummed out!
My cousin Brooke got married this weekend and it was the jam. It was quite possibly the greatest wedding of all time. I have never danced more in my life! My stupid shoes actually cut my feet open and I'm totally hoarse today from screaming and singing all night. I felt so lucky to be a part of such a special and fun day - it was Brooke through and through, and I loved that the wedding had their personal stamp on the whole day: nothing trite, cookie-cutter or forced. Everyone was relaxed, happy and ready to have a great time. The band was amazeballs. I'm going to post a link from the YouTube video that someone took of one of the greatest moments of the night later on.
Now we're just unwinding on the couch and coming down from a great weekend. I wish the tennis were on, and I'm too hungover to go on a run with Josey. I'll get my act together tomorrow for sure. Blagh.
I have millions of emails piling up in my inbox and I really need to get to those. I also need to do some wedding "homework" and get my ducks in a row. The biggest victory to date is that I found the dress!!!! I am so beyond happy about that!
Also, congratulations to Fran and Jeff (and Yoda) - I cannot wait for their own wedding!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment