19 July 2011

Something I don't Recommend

Watching scary movies (like the one about girls going missing in Juárez, Mexico - starring the divatastic J.Lo ... OR "Changeling" with Angelina Jolie, basically about child murder) while your roommate/boyfriend/husband/whomever is out of town. Especially if it's pouring rain and windy as all get-out. I always do that! José goes out of town for work, and I stay up late watching intense dramas with violent storylines. Le sigh.

I also don't recommend leaving the house when it's rainy & windy (see above) without a proper umbrella. The crappy one you're going to buy outside the train station is going to last mere minutes (but you already knew that) and won't help your cool quotient either, as you struggle to keep it from turning inside out. Inevitably a bus will always pass by you on the sidewalk at full speed, showering you with a wall of disgusting rain/street water that is definitely teeming with disease. To make matters worse, you know how bad your hair looks when it rains. Those little wing-y wispies that stick out from behind your temples don't do much for you.

No comments: