20 March 2009

Tidbits

So I fell in love with my 65 year old crazy cab driver yesterday. He was going on and on about chivalry and being a gentleman. He was bitching about the Argentine men of today who prefer to spend time with the "pibes" or "chicos" ( friends ) than with a beautiful and lovely woman who is devoted to them and loves them. Then he said he hated how they put on ugly sneakers and cheap cologne to go out when women try so hard to look nice for them. He told me that he loves to bring home a little bouquet of jasmine for his wife every day, since it only costs 2 pesos.

I was like, do you have a younger, slightly more attractive twin brother or clone or something along those lines? He was the greatest. I wish all Argie men were as old-school thoughtful and chivalrous as Mr. Cab Driver. Le Sigh.

I also think that I have like some invisible sign on my forehead that says "Do not let your dog near me" or something. I have NO idea why but every time I see an awesome dog walking around here with its owner, I kind of subtly try to chase it and pet it and talk to it and basically just smother it with love. Well, it´s as if the owner sees me coming on some strange radar and ACTUALLY MOVES THEIR DOG TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET in an odd and inhumane form of punishment. It is truly not fair and I think I might just start following them until I can play with them in the park. How creepy do I sound ?

Today is the first day of Fall/Otoño and if you go to Google Argentina you will see the little logo design is by one of my favorite people of all time - Eric Carle. I love him love love love love him! When I was young I had this little kit to make your own colored paper creations like his. So go to google.com.ar and enjoy.

Happy Spring to those in the Northern Hemisphere.
I took a nap last night and woke up at 8 pm and it was basically dark. I was so freaked out and I thought it was like 10.30 or something and then I realized that it´s just fall now and I was kind of bummed. But it´s fine because it´s still going to be 82 degrees today and once it cools off I can also buy some amazing sweaters from Ayres.

Speaking of sweaters, I need to call Huija about my boots. Boots and sweaters go together.

I think that´s all.

Oh wait, I also realized that my dream of being a fabulous kiosk owner could totally come true. Today I went by one where the owner was this amazing 60 year old woman who had her little dog keeping guard out on Santa Fe and I thought "ok, this could be a legit life" just selling phone cards, cigarettes and super sugary candy to people from all walks of life. I am going to look into that.

No comments: