24 June 2009

Spaceman

I like that song. I woke up to it this morning on MTV Latin America, aka MTV with music videos 98% from the U.S. / Europe, 2% Argie or dumb cumbia videos. I love Brandon Flowers' costumes and pretty feathers.

I also love eating locro on really cold days. Today the sensación térmica was below 32 so the big news headline was LA CIUDAD BAJO CERO ... Hilarious. The Argies love to put on their scarves, hats, gloves, vests, socks, boots, gore-tex layers, face masks, etc.

Wine Tasting ended last night and I am sad. Juan gave me a list of his favorite wines - a bunch I have already tried ! - and I am now dedicating myself to drinking all the wines on his list. I also am in love with him even though I think he has a boyfriend / husband. Le sigh.

Natural Deli has delicious woks ( only valid if you pronounce it in the porteño way "wvok" or something along those dumb lines ) and also a nice little breakfast of yogurt and granola and fruit.

Cumaná and Las Cholas are my home for cazuelas of calabaza. Mmmmmm calabaza.

Brophy and her friends have been donating me monedas like I am begging for them on the street ( Which I am basically doing, but inside ). I am a happy little lady jumping all around.

Natalie's mom has brought me about 120 cans of tomato soup, macaroni and cheese, Yogi tea, Kraft singles ( for grilled cheese purposes ). I have also bought high volume quantities of Rolos, Starbursts, Twix and Snickers. Thank you Duty Free on the Buquebus.

I would like it to be the weekend, thank you very much.

I would also like my down comforter to be ready. Thank you Pilar.

No comments: