Let's just say that I am the happiest girl of all time right now! I have had a smile plastered to me face for the past 4 days and I don't see any sign of its fading...
No. I didn't get a dog. I didn't inherit an orchid farm.
I got engaged!!!!!!!!!!
José proposed last Saturday and things have been a happy whirlwind of bliss and joy ever since. I seriously have used at least 90 million exclamation points in both written correspondence and conversations.
We'll be getting married in DC next year, either in the Spring or in the Fall, since Summer in Washington tends to be too humid to handle. But since we'll be planning the majority of it from here in Buenos Aires, it might take a tad longer than normal, which makes things seem more probable for the Fall. Stay tuned and you'll get all the good updates!

The ring was José's Grandmother Niní's engagement ring from the 1920s. It's absolutely perfect and I couldn't love anything more. I especially love the onyx around the diamond, and that it's different from the "typical" engagement ring. I haven't taken my eyes off it since Saturday (Unless I'm sleeping, which is also debatable because if you talk to my sister Redmere she will tell you that I sleep with my eyes open. Creepy but at least I'm vigilant).
That's all I have to say for now, at risk of just typing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which is really fun and more accurately expresses my emotions at this point in time!
I am so happy that José was brought into my life. Never have I felt more loved, laughed more, been more myself, or wanted to spend the rest of my life with another person. Bliss!
3 comments:
Huge Congratulations!!!! Best wishes to you both, such a happy, exciting time!
I have to gush about how much I looooooooove your engagement ring! I was already drooling over it's deco goodness but to find out it was his grandmother's put me absolutely over the edge. You are one lucky lady to be wearing that beauty every day, enjoy it!!
That is one of the most unique and beautiful engagement rings I've ever seen...and the history behind it! You lucky girl :)
yay paigey! i think you should do spring, so beautiful with the cherry blossoms. don't worry, i'll help plan your wedding from arlington if you need it! let me know what you need...monograms, flowers, checkingo out venues, tasting cakes, helping deb, signing up for theknot.com!!!!
Post a Comment