01 February 2011

How come ...

- Every time José goes out of town I get sick? At the risk of sounding so incredibly trite, it's like my body knows he's leaving and goes into rebellion mode. But it's no fun drinking tea on the couch alone, with your plants being the only ones who will care for you.

- I cannot go into any nursery/flower store/garden mecca without at least picking up a new planter for something at Basavilbaso. Today I got a new planter for a cactus, a nice terra cotta pot for the azalea, and a nice dish for collecting the water that drains out of my hot pepper plant!

- I love the Seinfeld Festivus episode SO MUCH? It was just on and I was glued to the tv. Words cannot describe.

- I have only just read "Breakfast at Tiffany's"? Confession - I have never seen the movie, either. The story, while completely tragic and heartbreaking, is great. A question - Why is everyone obsessed with the movie if it's as true to the novel as I think it is? I mean, I am an Audrey Hepburn fan but I don't think she is the end all, be all of life. That's ok. But Holly Golightly is NOT a lady! Let's be frank. Yes, she did a fabulous job reinventing herself and distancing her glamorous life from her hillbilly past, but she has some pretty lax sexual morals and is basically a disaster. I think it's great - like I said, I devoured the little novel in just a few hours - but let's not look at Ms. Golightly through rose colored glasses. She's charming, and endearing in her own special way, but at the end of the day she's a very lost, scared girl putting on a brave face to believe the lie she's created for herself.

- My tolerance for caipiroskas has gone from 10 to ... 2.5? Maybe the 10 is an exaggeration but my college-age liver was really a champion. Now it's probably just doing its job to help keep me in line.

That's all. Toodleoo.

No comments: