17 February 2011

Key Collections


I've been slacking on my Design*Sponge reading lately, so I was so happy when O'Hern sent me this link on treasure hunting for old keys! They're really one of my favorite objects to collect, and as of late I have been on a serious mission to accumulate lots (& lots ...) of antique skeleton keys. They're rather abundant in Buenos Aires, but the really stunning ones cost upwards of AR$ 25 a pop! Since I'm really in need of a bulk quantity, I've got to settle for less detailed but more affordable trinkets.

I absolutely love the idea of a free hanging on the wall, using various shapes and styles of keys to create a unique work of art. I'm sure Jose would go nuts if he came home from a business trip to see that I've done something like that (I've been known to do some stealth decorating projects in his absence - mostly involving nailing things to the walls and hanging artwork), but who knows? Maybe I'll put all the keys to good use once they're served their purpose!

No comments: