Last night José and I went out to celebrate Valentine's Day (I was sick earlier this week with tonsillitis - huh? - so I spent Monday night eating soup and watching NatGeo). Since we're creatures of habit, there's no other place in the world for us when it comes to celebrating something special - Bengal! Surprise! Aka, my life. It's where we went on our first date, where we've celebrated birthdays and anniversaries, new jobs and quitting jobs, and it's where we go on a Monday night when we just don't feel like eating at home.
I'm reliving the meal right now, since I'm starving. There's nothing better than a gigantic serving of bangali chicken, mixed with turmeric rice and served in a huge clay bowl, to start the weekend off. In my mind at least. Anyway ... If it weren't such a drain on the wallet I would eat there 3 times a week, no joke. Luckily BA has other, more affordable but still delicious, Indian restaurants. However, none of them is as close to our house as Bengal. Two blocks and done. We had a nice stroll in the rain to the familiar faces who know what to bring us without even having to check the menu. It's a nice feeling.
In another belated Valentine's Celebration, I came home to the dining room table covered in jasmines the other night. José was out of town on a business trip, so for a little "welcome home" token of love I bought a huge bouquet of tuberose and left them near the front door along with a little note. I was still working when he got back, and upon seeing the flowers I'd bought, he ran out and got some more to add to the pile! The apartment smells insanely delicious and I smile every time I pass through the dining room. It's nice when every day really does feel like Valentine's Day. (Cheesy, yes. True, yes).
Anyway - We're off to see Black Swan. It was finally released in Argentina, and I cannot wait to see some creepy ballerinas get their rivalry on!
Happy Saturday & HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO REDMERE AND DEBSY my favorite crazypeople
19 February 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment