20 October 2011

Sequin Party

Today I was helping a friend look for a dress for her New York City Hall wedding and decided to indulge myself in a little fashion show at Ralph Lauren. The RL mansion is located right on Av. Alvear across from my favorite spot for tea, the Palacio Duhau. Under the premise of searching for a killer cocktail dress for her, I started flipping through the racks in the sale section (seriously, up to 75% off on Fall/Winter collection... Sign me up)

Since I am a magpie/5 year old, I was instantly drawn to the most sparkly item of the bunch. Behold:


Marked down from over US$1.000 they were about US$ 430. It was like a 75% discount - Hard to argue with when you look at it that way. But .... I've never spent that much money on anything in my life, let alone a pair of gold sequin leggings! Did I mention they were silk lined ? Le sigh ...

While I was telling myself that they aren't that practical I had to remember that I will wear sequins on anything, to any event. I love sparkles. I need them. It's like this weird obsession I have - I'm just naturally drawn to them no matter what .... I mean, who doesn't wear gold sequin pants to the grocery store or to a job interview?

For now I'll keep dreaming ...

No comments: