Yikes! It's been a week since my last post - Sorry Charlie. I was a little blah, feeling less than inspired last week so I neglected the bloglet a little too much.
Happy Halloween! Oh how I wish I were in America, with 3 costumes (you obviously need different outfits for each night of the weekend due to all the festivities). BA has gotten on the Halloween train but it's not a full 100% yet. There were quite a few parties on Saturday but not everyone in attendance was in costume. Sorry people but it's actually uncool to go to a Halloween party and not dress up. At least in my world that's how things are done. I drank some orange punch that had fake bugs in it and got bizarre stares from most about my costume. I went as gum under a shoe - wore all hot pink and had my running sneaker on my head. One girl came up to me and was like "I love it! Gum under a shoe!" - I wanted to hug her. The rest of the bar gave me weird stares from afar because I kind of looked semi-normal except for the big Nike sneak tied to my face.
Emily and I got into a fight with two of the dumbest men on the face of the Earth, however. Em dressed up as an Occupy Wall Street protester - both pertinent and easy to do at the last minute. In Spanish they're known as the "Indignados" (from the movement that actually started in Spain but is also used to describe OWS on the news), but Emily's sign was in English. These guys looked at her and asked what she was. After her description - and my "help" of saying that she was an "Indignada" - we were greeted with blank faces and remarks like "You're making that up. That doesn't exist. No one is currently occupying Wall Street" or "You're lying." For some reason I started to give this guy a lesson in current affairs and was feeling pretty good until they said to us "You both are really pretty but damn you're ignorant." OK BUDDY. We bitched them out so fast I almost had a heart attack. It kind of felt good, but not really because I know that there are probably many other stupid jerks like them out there. Sigh.
Sunday we enjoyed the amazing weather and went for a long run up to Palermo. We even managed to sneak into a Doggy Halloween party at the Planetarium! There were so many dachshunds I almost had a seizure. So. Cute. My favorite dog though was the fat English Bulldog named Rufio who snored louder than my Dad and was the most low key, lazy animal of life. God he was ugly but I just wanted to take him home !!
I can't believe it's just a little more than 2 weeks until I'm home for Thanksgiving. Time flies! It's going to be great - Just wish Josey could come with me. I plan on doing lots of Forever21-ing and eating of chipotle hummus. And cuddling with Bella. And going to Patisserie Poupon with Deb.
31 October 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment