Today is like my Sunday since my weekends have shifted with my new job. It's not too bad, but I was in serious need of some relaxation yesterday. Working until 10pm on Friday and Saturday nights is just weird - and the previous 2 weeks I was lucky and got 3 day weekends due to Christmas and New Year's. I can rally and run home, change and head out the door for dinner and drinks maybe one night of the weekend, but both leaves me deadski. Luckily yesterday we spent the day at a friend's country house and all I had to worry about was if my tan was even or not.
The heat index is above 100 again today. Not bad if you have an air conditioned haven to run to, but miserable if you're supposed to be out and about running errands. I was drenched in sweat before I even made it to Pilates today. Now I'm hiding out in my little home office, a/c on max and a big glass of water next to me. Relief.
So far I've been good about some of my new year's resolutions. Mind you we're just 8 days in but I'll take a small victory. Number one for 2012 is to cultivate more patience. I'm not doing so well on that one but the rest are golden. Try one new recipe a week - check! Go to Pilates (after falling off the muscle toning wagon) 2-3 times a week - check! Try a slew of new-to-me restaurants - check! Ok, so I've just made one new recipe and been to one Pilates class. But it's Monday. I've got time. It always feels good to get back into a routine after the insane messiness of the holidays. Parties, food, drinks, gatherings... It's fun but it throws me off.
Speaking of the holidays, we finally took our Christmas tree down. I guess when it's fake - and you don't have to water it - the tree stays up past its due date due to the low maintenance factor.
What else? I'm now a walking news machine. Don't ask me about what is going on in Argentina because I will give you an earful. I can't help it. Let's just say it's my job. HA! Because it is my job, get it? God I disgust myself.
Another goal for 2012 is to squeeze all of the juice out of this fabulous Nikon that is sitting next to me. I've been having lots of fun fiddling around with random settings and hopefully will one day be able to ride without training wheels ... aka be full on Manual without any help or temper tantrums! Woo!
Ok, I'm off to sit very still underneath the a/c .. I'll be back if I don't melt first
09 January 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment