I am a full believer in Seasonal Affect Disorder - after four cold, long, gray Boston winters I know how negatively the climate can affect a person - but there's gotta be something like a reverse SAD for constant sunshine. I am not complaining; I'm a huge fan of great summer weather and days by the pool. But when you're dealing with 3 straight weeks of sunshine and perfect days, it's hard to feel OK with your decision to hole up and watch Modern Family reruns all day on the couch. Right? Imagine my joy when the storm clouds rolled in last night and we went to sleep with flashes of lightning dancing across the walls and puddles of rain on our balcony this morning.
We had a great weekend. After leaving work Friday we headed up to Barrio Chino for some Korean BBQ. As our friend Diego pointed out, the trendy thing to do lately in Buenos Aires is head to dodgy underground Korean restaurants in the shadier parts of town to cook your own meat (of dubious origin) over a little grill. Of course I wanted in on the bandwagon! I love Korean food and am always even more eager to try something new here in BA since it's even that much more of a novelty. Instead of trekking out to creepy Bajo Flores (where cab drivers sometimes refuse to take you. Good sign.) we compromised and went to BBQ Town in Barrio Chino (Belgrano). Despite leaving with an overwhelming smell of smoky food in our clothes, I had a great time! Look on my food blog for an upcoming review.
Saturday was cut short due to my work schedule but was lovely nonetheless. It ended up being a lazy night at home involving NatGeo and a big goblet of wine. Good times. Sunday I fried my body in the sun in an attempt to make up for the past week or so where I didn't subject myself to the UV rays. It was hot as Hades and I think I had a mini heat stroke (no joke) despite chugging liters of water. I threw myself under the a/c unit as soon as we got home and recovered without incident.
Ok that is all. The thunder is rumbling and I'm going to make a cup of mint tea and plan the rest of my day off.
30 January 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
where the Koreans are in bajo flores is no worse than anywhere else here. You should go
I wrote this a couple of years ago
http://bit.ly/x2uPv9
nearer a hundred a head now but still value I'd say
I totally want to go - But let's be honest, Bajo Flores is not the same as Recoleta. And I have had friends whose taxi drivers have refused to take them there on a Saturday night. Bizarre. But I have a list of places to try there! Will venture there for sure.
Post a Comment