27 November 2008

Feliz Thanksgiving

I am hoping to a nice long thankful blog today but I'm not sure if I will be able to get it all down on paper. And by paper I mean internet. Anyway, I am happy today and thankful for the 5 people that read my blog, and I am thankful to be in Buenos Aires with some of my favorite people and my second family. I am thankful that my padres let me actually move down here so I could spend Thanksgiving in HOT weather.

I am NOT thankful for the sensación térmica .... which is apparently 33.4 degrees Celsius. I don't even know what that means but I know it's like 100 or something. Therefore, I am thankful that I do not have to go downtown and suffer in the sweltering city heat today.

We're going to Kansas tonight to celebrate and stuff our faces with turkey. I am very much looking forward to it and am happily enjoying my lazy day at home. I wish the Alamo were closer because then I would go down and watch some football, but like I said, it's too damn hot. Dare I say I wish I had some nice riding boots and scarves to put on ... Le sigh.

We have been cooking a lot lately. Homemade milanesas ( reallllly good ), and gazpacho and this really good mushroom cream thing, and potatoes with an arugula sauce thing .... It has been fun. Minus sweating my face off in the kitchen when the oven is on. I need to make more things. Also, why can't I find mint anywhere in this city ? And by city I mean like 6 block radius ? Oh that reminds me, I need to pay the vegetable man ONE PESO for the arugula bunch I bought yesterday. I only had a 100 peso bill, so he didn't want to give me change and just said I can pay him tomorrow. Is this 1950 ? I love it. But it's too hot to walk there. But I should. Gargh.

Ok so I think I'm going to go watch Friends and try not to break a sweat.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone ! I miss you, if you are in America, and I love you for putting up with me, no matter where you are. Polo pictures and cooking pictures and all the rest will be posted .... at some point.

No comments: