04 November 2008

Tidbits and Musings

  • Article about Maradona in the NYT. Bonus: Includes picture of him the size of a house.
  • Today's sensación térmica is 95 degrees. Why are Argies more obsessed with the ST than the actual temperature ? I don't think I will ever be sure, but it's the go-to number before leaving the house. Sub-bullet: Even when it's hotter than hell outside, ok, let's say 75 degrees, I still see people walking around with jackets, long sleeves, etc. Why ? Especially if you are all so obsessed with how hot it feels outside, why don't you take that into consideration when getting dressed ? My only guess is that they are slaves to fashion. It's not time to wear white drapey tank tops and long chain necklaces. Not yet.
  • Only in BA will you find a man painting the parking lot of a gas station at 11:30 on a Sunday night. Really. What ? Who does that ?
  • Who on Earth goes to the gym with their hair down ( not to mention straightened ) ? I swear every time I go to work out it's like an international fashion show. You would die when you see how both the men and women dress to exercise. It's apparently fashionable to wear non-workout clothes to workout. A t-shirt that I would feasibly wear to a party or bar is what some underweight girl wears to spinning class. Men enjoy wearing sassy headbands and retro running shoes to lift weights. There is also this woman who comes to the gym every night around 10 P.M. or so and sits on the same machine ( the one that works your inner thighs. Very popular with the ladies. I admit I use it ) talking on her cellphone, for about 30 minutes. This is the only thing she does at the gym, and she only puts about 7 lbs of resistance ... I would love to know what her deal is. But she's too busy chatting on the phone to answer my question, I assume.
  • I have decided that I prefer the traditional American wedding ceremony to the Argentine shebang. Well, the church part is prettier and more drawn out in the States, but I do like that the reception isn't as rushed as it is at home. In between every course, people hit the dance floor. It's pretty rad. And a good way to feel like you're burning the extra calories you just drank with your 5th free cocktail.
  • I think that's all for now. I know I still need to give a little wedding summary. I promise I will do that.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

love the sassy picture!!! xixixi