10 October 2009

If This is for Real, I Am Moving ...

I think the Kirchners are the most insane, wacky, and scary people in politics (Ok, excluding North Korea, among others... but anyway).

After 20 straight hours of deliberation in the Senate the " Ley de Medios K " was passed without any modification whatsoever. In short, this will give the Government complete control over the means of communication, all masked behind the facade of " democracy " and other terms that have nothing to do with the reality. In this law, 60% of the TV content must be Argentine. The Kirchners are forcing the Clarin Group (one of the more important groups in Latin America) to sell off the majority of its holdings. This means it will be even easier for the Kirchners to buy them all up at incredibly low prices. All of these lovely things don't make me feel any better knowing that Cristina is like BFF with Chavez.

Here is a link to the article for anyone who can read Spanish: LINK

On a brighter note, I was brought two beautiful little bouqets of jasmine to help my recovery process. They smell amazing and have already brightened up this gloomy Saturday.

I couldn't be happier.

No comments: