

On Saturday we ran the Nike+ Human Race 10k, which took place simultaneously in 30 cities around the world - New York, LA, Singapore, London, Berlin, Rome, Seoul, and Rio de Janeiro, among others.
Buenos Aires was one of the cities with the most runners - more than 10,000 - and it was really an incredible event. The weather was perfect, the course took us through downtown Buenos Aires and Puerto Madero, and it was definitely an amazing experience.
I blame the slow people who clogged the first couple of kilometers by walking for our slow start and maybe extra minute that I have arbitrarily added on to our time, but I can't actually prove that. Oh well. I still like to blame the slow people who I almost tripped over and/or banged with my elbows. We finished in about 56 minutes, which isn't bad, but it is 1 minute slower than our last 10k. I guess that I also went running ONCE in 3 weeks before the race had something to do with that. I really want to be able to run a 10k in 50 minutes one day, so I had better get my butt to the gym.
But it was cool when I crossed the finish line and some random journalist, or just random creepo, took my picture and asked me some questions and whatnot. Asked me if I was a professional runner ... what ? Um, no thanks but that would be cool. I forgot to ask her for what publication she writes so I will have to google myself until I get to the bottom of it.
I will put up more pictures soon but here are a couple from pre-and post-race. We were lucky enough to be able to go down to the marina at Puerto Madero and hang out on a boat to celebrate the race before heading back home. Twas a good little day.
No comments:
Post a Comment