
I live 1/2 block from the bus stop. I don't even have to cross a street to get there. Buses are notorious here for coming every 2 minutes ensuring that you don't have to wait too long, especially during rush hour.
Then why, why, why ... is my luck always like so:
I walk out of the building, turn left, walk toward corner.
When I'm close enough to see the bus, but too far to make it (even by a pathetic sprint), the traffic light turns green, and at least 2 buses pass by me and I miss them
I then spend 15 minutes waiting for the next bus to come.
It's so ... peculiar. It also makes my morning commute twice as long which I really do not enjoy. The same thing happens on the way home. I leave the office and just as I'm making it to the intersection of Juncal & Pueyrredon, the freakin' traffic light changes and I cannot cross, and I watch helplessly as 3 #61 buses whiz by the bus stop and I am left defenseless.
It's annoying and strange. This happens no matter what time I leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment