27 June 2010

Vamos Carajo




I am so proud of Arg. (Not proud of the moment when Tevez was taken out of the game, but that is neither here nor there at this point.)


We're off to the quarterfinals and I am so excited for the game against Germany. Many look at this as the revenge/rematch for the 1990 Final where Germany robbed us of the title by making a penalty kick (on a penalty that wasn't!!!). Earlier in the day, in the England vs. Germany game, we were reminded of 1966 when Germany was robbed of a goal which cost them the title. Today the roles were reversed and poor Engy lost their steam after the goal was discounted. I am still in disbelief and now the debate has begun over how FIFA is managing this World Cup. What matters to them more? Improving the game or making money off of it? People are starting to think that the latter is winning out ....

No comments: