I'm a little late on this, but on my birthday (24 September) I marked my 2 year anniversary of living in BA as a "real person" and not just an extended-stay tourist/troublemaker. Happy Anniversary to moi!
It's funny how time flies ... How things change so much in such a short amount of time, and at the same time how it all seems to just flow in a subtle way without much pomp&circumstance. I figure a lot of people blink and realize they've been living where they are for much longer than they had anticipated (that is, if they picked up and moved away in the first place). One thing I have learned is that you can't ever put a "sell-by" date on your plans ... What you may think will be feasible and fitting at the time can go right out the window once you start to settle down for good.
Anyway, perhaps I will post a little list of things I have learned in these past 2 years, but for now I will eat some chocolate to celebrate (belatedly).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment