Anyway. For some reason, our gym (Megatlón in Recoleta) is used as a rehearsal space for what seems to be quite a few of the couples/dancers. It's fun because they're really not that famous - they have a big public following and are definitely what you might call celebrities, but a lot of them became famous either for dating someone in the public eye, for being a model / vedette (kind of like a showgirl), or something along those lines. Regardless of how they made it to fame, they're all over the place on tv shows, magazine covers, and going to the boliches - getting paid for just being there. Not bad I guess - maybe better than working a boring 9-5.
Since José and I go to the gym at random times and on a lot of Saturday afternoons, we've run in to some of the participants and it's always fun to recognize them. They're also TINY in person. It's not that the camera adds 10 lbs, but that the people seem taller on television! I felt like a giant when I saw some of the women.
So far some of the people we have seen ...

Virginia Gallardo, ex-girlfriend of Ricardo Fort (current judge, ex-participant of Bailando, former male stripper, bajillionaire, ambiguously gay). Her boobs are actually ENORMOUS and I don't understand how she doesn't fall over when she walks.

Sofia Zamolo, blonde beautiful pixie who is mostly known for being a model. She seemed like the smallest human being on the planet when we passed each other in the gym entrance (she touched my hand! She said "disculpame"! omg. Or, not) last week. I didn't know you could be a model if you were less than 5'5" but I guess if your bod is insanely hot you can do whatever you want.

Sofia's dancer/partner is Maxi Diorio, most famous for being a ... male stripper. Anyway. He smokes which I find weird. Why would you smoke if you're a professional dancer? That's kind of like being an athlete - you have to train a ton. Oh well. I'm not here to judge, people.

Finally ... Silvina Escudero. She's all over the news lately since she is airing out the dirty laundry of an apparently very messy breakup with fellow semi-celeb and Bailando participant, Matías Alé. It's all kind of ridiculous, and I wonder why these people get press for doing nothing of true substance, but clearly people buy it. She can really stretch her leg up in the air.
So there you have it - the limber & tanned dancers/semi-celebs who we run into at the gym. If that doesn't serve as motivation to work out just a little harder next time, I don't know what is !
No comments:
Post a Comment