01 October 2010

Lalalaaaa

So I am back in BA and finally able to remain conscious and coherent for more than 2 hours at a time. Let's recap:

1. No sleep on plane. Why, why, why am I always freezing cold on flights? I slept great on the way up, but going back to BA was brutal. At least I had good movies (Happy Gilmore, Gladiator, Mary Poppings. Nice work, United).

2. Avoided a customs melee by sheer luck. It was the first time I have had any issues - perhaps it was the 3 suitcases that tipped off the already annoyed customs man/bag screener. There were so many people arriving at once that there weren't any more luggage carts available (!). Cue me, kicking and cursing across the baggage claim area, already wishing that my 3rd world arrival had a better outcome. Attempts at bad Spanish to trick customs man into thinking I was just passing through were only slightly helpful. Methinks he tired of me when he realized all of my bags were closed shut with tiny wire through the zipper holes (thank you Liz for that tip) and let me go knowing we were getting nowhere.

3. Had a massive, amazingly insane nap that afternoon and was almost unable to function for the remainder of the day.

4. Finally unpacked and managed to clear out most of winter's clothing in the process. Closet is now happy, organized, and full of fabulous sale purchases via the USA. God bless America.

5. I am beyond excited to start gardening for serious this Spring. Annie and Nicole got me the most amazing book by the woman who started You Grow Girl, a website about gardening and all things plant related. I am ready to trash pick to get some good growing containers and will most likely be starting a compost pile soon. This will get interesting ...

6. My octopus addiction has turned dangerous. I picked up 4 more dessert/salad plates while at the Anthro in Chelsea and have already used them twice. They make me so happy. José, not so much.

7. As much as I loved being home, I missed my gigantic bed so, so much. There's nothing like it. It's heaven.

8. I do wish I were headed up to Boston right now to watch the BC/ND game this Saturday. Maybe the Alamo (barf) will have it on ... Better than nothing, right?

9. I love beets. A lot.

10. My crazy plant that I bought about a month or two back is SO big. Like, it's outgrown its pot! I need to get a new one immediately. It looks like a green Medusa on steroids. I love it.

No comments: