What I love is that most of the prints are available for just $20 (8 x 10) and that the site features a wide array of incredibly talented artists and photographers.
Given the high volume of content, there is definitely something for everyone here! It's a must-visit place if you're looking for any kind of present - Christmas, birthday, housewarming, wedding ...
I was just moaning and groaning to José (while I perused One King's Lane, which to me is a modern form of self-flagellation) that "if we lived in America I would be able to get you, and everyone else, much better gifts because there, AND ONLY THERE, can I find creative, unique, fun, meaningful and affordable gifts. So don't get your hopes up this year." Wow I think Scrooge called and he wants his personality back. But it's true. It's sunny, 85 degrees and today is the official/unofficial day to put up your Christmas tree and get the holiday spirit really underway. No matter how long I live here, I will never be 100% on board with summer + Christmas combined. Sure, I love a good dip in the ocean on New Year's day and have no problem with a nice beach getaway, but I still yearn for a tacky Christmas sweater cocktail party, repeat viewings of Love, Actually to no end, and snuggling up with a glass of champagne next to a real LIVE Christmas tree !!!!
Le Sigh.
Here are two images I loved from today's 20x200 selection. The baby giraffe was taken by Sharon Montrose, a photographer who works with baby animals, and while that might give you the impression that her work would be, well "baby-ish," it's adorable but at the same time very tailored. (I have one image from a series of gray bunny perfection and I love looking at it in the dining room.) The other image was taken by Thomas Prior and I would love to have it blown up to gigantic size and have it in my living room.


So if you're at a loss for a gift for one of your artsy, creative, "cool" friends or relatives, you're bound to find something here!
No comments:
Post a Comment