16 December 2010

Outsourcing the Christmas Decorating


I loved this amusing, if not oligarchical, article about the trend of having your interior decorator get your house ready for the holidays. Leave it to the New York Times to go in-depth about the true value of an interior designer (Hey, I'm not criticising! I just couldn't contain myself upon reading the line "There was a fluffy white artificial tree pocked with silvery ornaments, and cylindrical vases filled with white feathers and calla lilies. For the party last year, Mr. Garofalo even made white cocktails to match." Amazing)

If you're looking for last minute inspiration to get your home ready for the holidays, the article will definitely give you a boost! Be sure to check it out if you're in the mood for an uplifting and entertaining peek into another side (the really, really expensive one) of the business of Christmas.

My parents just told me that it's snowing in DC ... Le sigh. What I would give for a beautiful evening snowfall! I think that as the sun comes through the window, burning my arm because it's so damn hot. I don't think Santa Claus was built to weather such conditions.

No comments: