
So Diego Maradona was annouced to be the new DT of the Argentine National Selection just the other day. The last DT resigned after a pathetic loss to Chile in the World Cup qualifying match; of the last 4 DT's he had the lowest success rate anyway.
I get the feeling that most people are ecstatic to have Maradona lead up the team - for a whole host of reasons I suppose - but I just read online that apparently more than 70% of Argies are against the decision. Who knew ? Despite his drug issues, battle with obesity, and really weird hair, Maradona is Maradona. I find it difficult to contest his greatness when it comes to playing soccer and knowing how to win.
So we'll see how this plays out. I think the Argies have a really great chance for 2010 in South Africa. Speaking of sports and Argentines, I had no idea that the women's world champion of boxing is Argentine. From Polo to Rugby, Field Hockey to Tennis, Soccer to Basketball ( ok only because they won the gold medal / Ginobli ) ... Argies are pretty damn athletic. Good job. I wish we could find a way to score tickets to the Davis Cup in Mar del Plata next month. I want to see Del Potro like Redhead got to !
P.S. if you have NO idea who Diego Maradona is, I think you're only slightly pathetic. Here are some pictures to help "jog the memory" ( I included 3 stages, Normal, Crazy, and Obese )

No comments:
Post a Comment