16 October 2008

Why ...



Do Argies FORM A LINE while they wait to get on the train ? In the Northern Hemisphere, people sprawl about the platform wherever they please, and then sort of haphazardly form a clump that shoves itself into the train wherever the closest doors seem to appear. In Buenos Aires, no no, friends ... that is not how we do things here. You line up based on where you think the train doors will be ( this is done by a very inaccurate system of looking at the other trains and lining up according to that ). I was wandering around and just eating my empanada, in a little bit of a daze, and I realized that everyone was looking at me like I was a crazy woman. Anyway, I thought it was ridiculous. So, of course I took a picture ( once again with my cellphone, ugh qué bajón ). The End.

1 comment:

Lizy said...

HAHAHA!!! Yes thank you! Those lines when they're waiting for the bus..?! Saw it go down 2 blocks ones at Libertador..