I just woke up. It is 8 p.m. I spent the entire end of the night / morning into midday at two separate hospitals. It was quite the learning experience, slash incredibly frightening in a few moments. I wasn't there because something had happened to moi, but was there with a very close friend. I made it home around 12.30 and am glad that there is at least a little bit of sunlight left. So much for my commitment to having a more normal sleep schedule.
Anyway, I promise I will give a good detailed story of the Argentine Hospital system, but for now I'm dead. Also, we were supposed to be rowing and asado-ing in El Tigre all day today but of course had to cancel those plans; hence, there will be no photographic documentation to go along with the following post. *Wait !! I just remembered, we took some cell-phone pictures so maybe I will put one up ...
Until then, Happy Sunday and I hope you are being more productive than I am now.
Oh, I will have to remember to add a little something about how Buenos Aires shut down their largest avenue - 9 de Julio - for the better part of Saturday so some Formula 1 racer could do a 3-block circuit at normal driving speeds and then drive in circles, with smoke billowing everywhere and tire marks all over the road. Great idea. Sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment