14 January 2009

Hmm

Sometimes I forget to close my curtains and then when I remember I wonder if my faraway neighbors enjoy seeing me sweep the floor in my underwear while I watch America's Next Top Model and/or sing Shakira songs in an incredibly demonstrative way. Hm. Oh well.

I went to the gym for the first time in like 90 years today, but it was the gym that is closest to my apartment, not the one that I had grown to love so fondly. I felt cramped and lost and missed the familiar faces - all of the sweaty men who look like they're inflated while they lift free weights, the random Brasilian looking woman who would show up 20 minutes before the gym closed to talk on her cellphone while she did just one weight machine with like 30% of effort ( the machine that supposedly works the inner thighs, not only do you look like a freak while you do it but I doubt that it really works since I have been hanging out there for like the past year ), and the crazy old lady who has some seriously insane muscles. Le sigh. I might have to go back for a visit, just for old time's sake.

Foot Update. Third World Dermatologist lady is a genius. I love her. I worship her. So far so good and all I am hearing from the Indian are snide remarks about how much better American doctors are than the Argies. I just want my little footsie back and I want it to roam free in flipflop land.

I'm sooooooooo sleepy. I also had a Cuarto de Libra con the Queso today for lunch and mmmm it was delicious. I had been up and at 'em for about 6 hours and felt that I deserved some capitalistic cholesterol after spending the morning among poverty and humility in Boca. Then I had to call Fibertel and get internet fixed - apparently between 48 and 72 hours after they install, they cut your service so you can call and confirm it ? Or something ? I didn't really understand and I had to have Javier re-explain to me, but the second time around I was just pretending. The problem I have is that sometimes people don't realize that I'm not Argentine at first because my accent is pretty good, but then I speak and something really pathetic comes out of my mouth, or I stumble over a word, or they just think I'm kind of an idiot and well, I just hope they don't judge me too much. But thanks Jav, thanks to you I am surfing the 'net 24/7. Yeehaw.

I cannot believe it's already Thursday tomorrow !! Then on Friday we're doing another asado which makes my panza soooo happy. The next weekend I think we're going to Mar del Plata for some serious beach time with Lu and try to avoid the insane amount of people guaranteed to be there. Fingers crossed.

OOOOOOOH SNAP the new 90210 is on and I haven't seen it in 05948508454 years ... OK BYE

No comments: