12 January 2009

Internet Love

No, I am not referring to e-harmony.com, I am referring to the simple and pure love that one experiences when given the amazing gift of wireless internet access. 'Tis blissful.

Anyway here I am sitting on my nice little bed, looking out my big window and watching Law&Order. Life is good. Minus the fact that I think I will have to get my foot amputated this week. Seriously. It actually is awful and I don't know why it makes me embarrassed to talk about it. Basically I have a gross thing growing on my foot which makes it basically impossible to wear high heels, sandals, or any shoe that shows the top of my foot because it looks like I was attacked with some weird melting device, or something like that. Tomorrow I'm seeing a dermatologist and I hope she has the cure, because I am worried about my little footsie and would like it to be attractive again, instead of repel people.

Hmmm so what has happened in the past few weeks ? Quite a bit, actually. I came home from Christmas in the States and had one last little hurrah before starting work. Pinamar was great, I went with the Indian and 4 of his best friends who I know really well. We had a great time, despite the windy and chilly nights. Also, considering that where we stayed was pretty rustic, it was still an awesome trip. After traveling quite a bit with Andrés, I am used to the non 5-Star Hotel lifestyle, which I have found actually makes trips more fun. We've stayed in isolated military cabins in Las Leñas, bare-bones hostels without real showers near the Bolivian border, and this time around rented out an unfinished duplex that didn't have hot water or a refrigerator. It was a blast. I'll spare the details since they aren't that exciting, but we ended up there because the other guys had arrived before we did, and had already reserved and paid ( up front ) for this pretty blah apartment/hotel thing near downtown Pinamar. Instead of renting a cute little house for the 6 of us, which would have been idea, we ended up with few options and not a lot of time. No matter. The weather was great, the company even better, and I was just a happy lady to be by the sea.

Work, as I have said, has been great. A little overwhelming though, since there is a lot to learn and I think most of it will be done sort of on-the-go. Luckily I think I can be quick on my feet, and my coworkers are so great that it's not like I feel weird asking for help. I really like getting into work and hanging out in the office, and tomorrow is the first Activity that I planned for the Roadies. We're going to the Museo de Artes Plasticas ... Basically it's an activity that seemed like something I'd want to go to, so I hope people actually go. Whatever. There is the first Wine Tasting class that night though so I'm not counting on a huge crowd.

What else ... I love being peaceful in my little apartment and hanging out and being boring. I really need to start getting the gym back into my schedule but for now, I'm just going to enjoy unwinding while I'm at home.

In April I will be back in the States for a few weeks getting my visa paperwork done ... Something I'm excited about but also nervous for too. Any long-term life interruption feels strange. But I'm hoping to do some babysitting or substitute teaching while I'm home to make some extra money.

Ok back to the boob tube ... Not feeling inspired or witty

No comments: