26 January 2009

Thanks Liz

Happy Chinese New Year ! Yesterday in Barrio Chino in Belgrano there was quite the festive celebration, aka Argies clogging the streets and calling spring rolls "Chinese empanadas" -- annnnyyyyway

I am a Tiger. Tigre. Tigressssssss. I think this is a pretty damn good representation of my insanity and craziness:

Tiger (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Wood): Unpredictable, rebellious, colorful, powerful, passionate, daring, impulsive, vigorous, stimulating, sincere, affectionate, humanitarian, generous. Can be restless, reckless, impatient, quick-tempered, obstinate, selfish.

I also like wood. And how it smells. So that has to be a good thing, I guess.

As always, need to get back on the blog train. Foot update: 1000000% better, also have lovely bilirubin levels and a cholesterol level of 143. I like that it's 143 because it's what I always say to Hernball when we have sassy gchat sessions while we're both working. Lylas.

On Wendesday we're doing the despedida for Agu and he is going to make some delicious tacos at my house, after relaxing poolside first. Hoorah ! I am excited but I am starting to freak out that he is going to Spain for 4 months because then I will be in charge of like, 1/3 of Road. Well I guess it's really only 1/4 but it feels like more because it covers a lot of bases. Meh.

I painted my nails a very 80s neony orange pink and I must say, I love it.

Last night Katie and I saw Changeling and then made some delicious Indian food. I must say, NO ONE PREPARED ME FOR CHANGELING. So intense, graphic and violent. It was an incredibly well done film, high five Clint Eastwood, but no one told me to expect such intensity. Also I'm sorry but I realllllly don't like Angelina Jolie. She does fit the profile of a late 1920s kind of aesthetic, but I just wanted to shove BigMacs in her face and tell her to stop being so annoying.

The dinner was heaven. All you need to do is gather a pound + of fresh veg ( we used spinach, peas, green beans, green pepper, broccoli, carrots ) and throw it into a pot after sauteeing chopped onion, garlic and ginger in oil. You dump that all in with curry, turmeric, coriander, and whatever, with some coconut milk and let it sit for 3o minutes. VOILA. It all emerges in a delicious comfort food goodness that makes Indian-esque cooking at home very accessible.

Oh man now I want some Indian bahhhhhhh.

That's all for now I am going to go lay face down on my bed and eavesdrop on my crazy neighbor lady who seems to enjoy walking from one end of her apartment to another in high heels.

No comments: