12 April 2009

Happy Easter // Felices Pascuas



Happy Easter !!

It's an amazingly beautiful day here in DC, albeit too cold for my liking. No matter. I am enjoying a nice family-filled Sunday and trying not to eat the entire chocolate bunny that is staring me in the face in one sitting. Le sigh.

I kind of had a crazy weekend - lots of running around and seeing fun people. On Saturday morning I saw I Love You, Man at 11.30 AM. It's the only time movie tickets cost less than $12, so whatever. Despite the myriad ( intentional ) awkward Paul Rudd moments, the movie was hilarious. Tons of funny one-liners ( my favorite: "Broseph Goebbles" ) , as could be expected.

Today I went to Harris Teeter, aka heaven on earth. Seriously. I am not joking when I say that my trip there made me want to move back to the U.S. Honestly. I was really overwhelmed though by the whole thing ... I forgot that you can buy home goods, foreign/imported foods, fresh produce and prescription medicine all in one place. It was amazing. Everything is SO CHEAP. And delicious. I was really freaked out by the giant strawberries though. Not natural. Not healthy. They should NOT look like this:


I was not a fan of that. But I loved that they have all the "weird" aka normal ethnic foods next to the boring basic foods. I know I sound like a freak but you need to understand that I struggle severely in the grocery stores of BA. I have a hard time not exploding into a fit of rage when I just want to buy SOME CILANTRO IN THE SAME PLACE I BUY MILK. It's not that difficult.

Maybe I will start a rare-food imported delightful emporium in Argentina. That would be a good business venture. I could market to the sad ex-pats who just want to make guacamole the right way, with some lime and cilantro, or who want to make basmati rice but not pay 45 pesos for a box.

I rediscovered my long-lost thesis while cleaning today. I sat down to read it again, just browsing the pages, and I must say, I was surprised. Wow. I wrote that ? Not too shabby. I guess I was so sick of it by the time I submitted the little bugger I had it basically memorized. Maybe someone will actually read it from start to finish one day. I can only hope so.

I have a serious urge to go shopping. Help. Take me somewhere to do this. It would also be nice to stop my eating spree that has been going on since my arrival. Or I could just go running more often.

Anyway, Happy Easter / Felices Pascuas to everyone. I hope the Easter Bunny brought you lots of candy, surprises and snuggles today. Yes, I just said snuggles. Deal with it.




No comments: