28 May 2009

Well

I know I am a bad Página and have not been bloggifying lately. Oh well, my reasons for absence are all good ones, I promise.

Work is insane which is good, but also mildly annoying as with each day that passes I am more and more dumbfounded at how stupid some people can be. But that is fine.

Due to the high volume of arrivals, Javier and I are having a very serious phone relationship. He calls me every time someone arrives at the airport and is in the car to their home stay. One day he called me 6 times. Yep. We're in love. He tends to call at 8 or 9 in the morning, when I am still sleepy and in bed, so that is just another fabulous facet. He now calls me Darling and I just call him Javi and I wonder if one day we will meet in person .... Le sigh. It's hilarious.

I have been growing a curry panza lately and I think I have honestly gained 5 lbs of basmati rice and garam masala in the past 3 weeks. Also, it's fine. I am happy and spicy.

Tomorrow we will be throwing a fabulous Mexican Feast at my depto here in Belgrano. I am wondering if sombreros will be mandatory attire. Tequila should be served instead of water. TGIF.

Now I am cleaning my house finally and washing some clothes. I can't believe I paid 2 pesos in MONEDAS to wash them. Wow. That's desperation. I have kept track of my monedas expenses this month and I tell you, it's not pretty. That is some serious metal that I am putting in the hands of the Chinese syndicate.

I don't really have anything exciting to say except that I listen to Shakira every 3 minutes and that I have managed to keep my 2 orchids, Magdalena and Isabel, alive. This is a big achievement, especially after Mint decided to die after 4 days under my supervision. I even bought A SPRAY BOTTLE to keep my orchid ladies happy and hydrated but not drowning. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

Ummmmm that's all. Maybe we'll all talk in August when there aren't what seem like HUNDREDS of mildly hopeless american students roaming about Buenos Aires more or less under my care and concern.

No comments: