16 May 2011

I went on a walk

sunrise from the dining room - I was up earrrrrrly today

My flight was canceled. I don't really want to talk about it. I'm bummed. One more night in BA is fine with me, but since José has to leave on a trip for work tomorrow that means all day killing time, alone, WITH the cleaning lady (which makes me feel worse about planning to watch reality tv on the couch all day, feeling sorry for myself) ... It's not the most fun of prospects. Plus everything is already packed! And I realllly don't want to take anything out of my suitcases. I'm stubborn like that.


So, in an attempt to make me feel better José made me go for a walk around the neighborhood. I admit, it did help. He's always right about things like that. We found some fun little shops and walked down streets that I almost never encounter on my daily routine. It was fun. I took some pictures so here they are. Direct result of bad moods. I guess it isn't all negative.

The big book sculpture is Marta Minujín's Tower of Babel that she built in honor of Buenos Aires's being the international capital of books this year. She's wacky and wild and I love her. The tower is cool - I love spirals - and it's even better that it's 1/2 block away from our apartment. Weeeeee.

No comments: