Ok, I'm over winter. Really. I know it's not ever as cold as it gets in DC, New York, or Boston, but it's been gray, damp and windy/rainy for what feels like weeks. My feet are frozen and I'm ready to wear my flats again! Last week it was so dark and gloomy out, and I actually wished it were snowing - it felt much more appropriate than just insane downpours - which was something I'd never thought I'd wish for.
I'm also ready for things to be stirred up a bit. When I close my eyes I see myself sometimes as a hamster just spinning around and around on its stupid wheel. Sure, I love a good routine as much as the next Type A person, but I feel like things need a jump start. To be honest, I'm 2inches away from just groveling to anyone and everyone about getting a damn job. Hopefully things will take off with the newspaper in terms of ad sales and it will be something lucrative (for now it's something that I really enjoy, love the team, love everything ... but don't love that I don't have a salary) ...
But no need to get into all of that here. I mean, I guess I could, but I prefer not to. I shouldn't be complaining - life is good in so many ways and I just can't wait for things to warm up over here! I've been getting my garden ready for Springtime and hope that things are extra green this season. After a trip to Barrio Chino to do a little gastronomic exploration, I even scored a free wooden/pallet box that tends to be reserved for the veg providers. Turns out that if you just approach those kind of creepy men unloading the boxes and ask where you can get one, they'll most likely just give you one! It made for a fun train ride home to Retiro though .. Got some stares.
That's all for now. Have lots of ideas for posts but need to organize them first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment