18 August 2011

Week in Review

Ok so I know it's only Thursday but I can't help but jump the gun.

It's been a good week so far. After my running slump I'm finally back in the saddle and went for nice long runs with José both Saturday and Sunday. After weeks of telling myself I was going to, I finally went to a Pilates class at our gym. I've been looking for something new to do - nothing but running and some quasi weight-training for 3 years can get boring - but am kind of a wimp and am afraid of going to classes where I feel like I'll be the only one who is clueless. I bit the bullet and loved it! The instructor was awesome and the next day I couldn't breathe/sneeze/laugh/move - my abs were on fire. I love when you can feel the impact immediately! It doesn't replace my need to run like a banshee and sweat my face off, but it's so nice to add something new. I'm sick of my flabby arms and basically just want to be jacked.

Raquel turned 80 yesterday. Yep, 8-0. She looks AMAZING and I always have to tell her how everyone was in awe of her age after seeing her at the wedding or in photos. She loves the attention, it's hilarious. We wanted to do something special for her without going overboard and planning a huge party (the last thing she'd want). So we concocted the best surprise of all time!!! Luciano, José's brother, hasn't been in BA for his mom's birthday in years and years and years. He moves every 2 years for his job and is currently living in Mexico. He flew down yesterday morning and we kept him under wraps all day until he just showed up at the restaurant where we were having dinner that night! He called his mom to wish her well, and as she was telling him about our dinner plans, etc he said "I think I'll join you for dinner, mom!" - and there he was in the doorway. It was such a happy and beautiful surprise.

Concert season is starting up again .... So far Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, Pearl Jam, Roger Waters, the Strokes, Gotan Project, Lenny Kravitz, Foo Fighters ... every time I turn around there's a new show being announced. Can't wait for the Strokes on November 4th. It becomes tough to pick and choose though - Creamfields is in November too and is sure to be amazing. If only concert tickets grew on trees!

I can't waitttttt to get my new Macbook (thanks Dad) in a couple of weeks. After 7 long (but good) years with this PowerBook G4, it's time to retire it, send it to Florida to live the rest of its days under the sun, drinking iced tea and doing crossword puzzles. I couldn't even download the updates for Skype because "the system isn't supported by the architecture." Don't even know what that means but it's been limited to have this little guy since it's so outdated. I can't wait to have a laptop with a built in camera! Hello Skype all the time (Seriously, I never Skype anyone for that reason). Hello Photoshop (for some creative projects I have up my sleeve). Hello typing and having the words show up in real time (without a 10 second delay). HELLO JOY.

That's all for now.

No comments: