16 August 2011

Le sigh ...


Argentina voted in presidential primaries for the first time in its history on Sunday. Just a few weeks after Mauricio Macri (of the PRO party, basically the opposite of Kirchnerismo, to make things simple) was re-elected in the city of Buenos Aires, most were optimistic that Cristina wouldn't maintain such a steadfast grip on the nation. Elections are in October, and based on Sunday's results, I'm starting to dread what the next 4 years will be like in Argentina.

CFK won with more than 50% of the votes. In some provinces she won 80% of the votes.

I try to avoid getting overwhelmed with anger about politics because it's really not productive. But I just can't stand this anymore.

This photo was taken from Facebook. My sentiments are echoed exactly by the comment made by the person who originally posted it:

"Dear Mrs. President, Next time you interrupt our normally scheduled programming to talk about poverty, malnutrition, infant mortality, the homless ... Please, have the heart to take off your ROLEX "Lady Datejust" with diamonds, valued at US$ 42.000. Thank you."

No comments: