Because what else can you do with your time when it's cold, wet and gray outside?
Troll the Real Estate section of the newspaper looking for posh apartments and homes in Buenos Aires.
I did find what promises to be the apartment of my dreams, so we're going to check it out tomorrow. Don't ask me why. But we are. It's in my most favoooorite part of town, where Belgrano begins and edges up against Las Cañitas (but without the parking nightmare and narrow streets).
Imagine cobblestones, lots of green, embassies, beautiful Belle Epoque mansions and charming shops and cafes. Done!
I've also started emailing breeders about dachshunds ... I'm kind of nervous though because things here seem to be done very differently from how they do it in the US. For example, most breeders offer up puppies as young as 45 days old! Most of the "warning signs" you read about (24/7/365 puppy availability, delivering them before they're totally weaned, etc) seem to be common practice in Argentina. Beautiful, well-bred dogs seem to be omnipresent here in BA but I can't help but feel like it's not OK to waiver on those standards. Maybe we'll just get a little pup and bring it on my lap on the plane from America ... ? That would be amazing.
27 August 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment