01 November 2010

Sunny Monday

What a busy weekend! And by busy I mean there was so much wind it was out of control. The two don't seem to be related but I'm just going to go with it.

Friday was my only taste of Halloween - sniff, sniff - as I went to an event hosted by the newspaper for a bit before running off to a dinner with friends. Since I didn't really have much time to come up with a real costume, I feel that we did a pretty good job considering. I dressed up in a kimono and Josey went as a random Russian man (we did the best we could with what we had in our closet. I miss the days of college when theme parties were so rampant that you always had something completely insane for nearly every occasion).

Photo:

Later in the evening, after a quick costume change (literally), we scampered off to a late, late dinner at Olsen accompanied by several strong vodka cocktails (Fun Fact: Olsen is a Scandinavian restaurant that boasts the widest vodka selection in all of BA.). After sleeping in considerably on Saturday, we were hoping for a nice day outside but the sky got all dark and gusty and things started blowing everywhere in epic proportions. Really. It was quite odd. BA isn't usually a windy place. We took shelter in an Italian place in Puerto Madero and drank limoncello to quell our nerves. I was also served a bowl of pasta so big 3 people could have eaten it and still been satisfied. Regardless, our table ordered 3 desserts just to finish it all off with a bang. Woo. Was on the couch for several hours afterward.

Sunday we headed over to Buenos Aires Photo at the Palais de Glace, one of my favorite little exposition spaces. I felt like there weren't as many photos on display as last year but that might be my memory playing tricks on me. Regardless, it was really fun, as always, to check out some of the up and coming artists and their work. Some of my favorite photos were from Buenos Aires in the 1930s, with shots from inside the slaughterhouses and other things. It's a shame it's only open just 3 or 4 days, because I would love to go back when there was no one else so I could really enjoy it!

Oh yes we also saw The Social Network last night. Loved. It. Just like everyone else who has seen it, I feel. I loved reading a little more of the backstory before seeing it (and reading which bits were a little more fictionalized than others), but especially enjoyed the interview Sean Parker did with Vanity Fair last month. Really compelling, to me at least. I think Justin Timberlake did quite a good job at portraying him. I didn't once think of him from the nsync days! On another movie note, I am sad that Black Sawn, the new Natalie Portman psycho-sexy-thriller, won't be coming to BA. Am hoping I can find a copy of it somewhere ... Anywhere!

At PT this morning they told me that my tendons still feel inflamed. I could have told them this myself when, after another "touch test" (a name I invented) revealed that random poking of my knee causes severely sharp pain! Not cool. Why have I been waking up at the crack of dawn for the past month if this isn't healed yet? Looks like I'll be getting a second opinion ... Which is why I love my health insurance. It's free!

Hm.. What else? It's hot and sunny so I spent some time up on the roof this morning and at lunch. Went to the gym and now Jose laughs at me for wanting to be like a bouncer at a club since I do crazy arm workouts and check out my sick muscles in the mirror when we're in the elevator. Hey, what can I say? Gotta look good in my wedding dress - and the clock is ticking!

Off to babysit and make some yummy Murg Malai kebabs for dinner .... mmmmmm

No comments: