10 January 2011

10 Restaurants Worth a Plane Ride


I spend more time than I should admit perusing the Times' travel section, and yesterday was no different. With the new year, new travel tips, recommendations, and hotspots are the order of the day, my favorite being the feature on 10 Restaurants Worth a Plane Ride . Any excuse to indulge my wanderlust (and constant appetite) is ok by me.

Here is the list, although I recommend you check out the full article for more delectable details.

1. Aponiente - El Puerto de Santa María, Spain

2. Benu - San Francisco (of course something or someone related to Thomas Keller would be featured!)

3. Dinner by Heston Blumenthal - London (I still want to try Fat Duck, so make this 2 reasons to visit my sister in London)

4. M. Wells - Long Island City, NY

5. Mirazur - Menton, France (I love that the chef, Mauro Colagreco, is Argie and amazing!)

6. Momofuku - Sydney (of course.)

7. Restaurant André - Singapore (After just having finished Tanamera, "the" novel on Singapore, my interest has definitely been piqued)

8. Restaurante Garzón - Garzón, Uruguay (This deserves special mention as we were just in José Ignacio. Please, drop everything and go there. Now. You will thank me later.)

9. Tickets - Barcelona. (*José take note. We're going here on our honeymoon. El Bullí lives on!)

10. Willows Inn - Lummi Island, Washington (Head Chef is my age. Depressing)

No comments: