27 January 2011

More Food - The Minimalist's Top 25


Even though I don't cook nearly as much as I would like to (using the lamest and most transparent excuses to justify it! Even worse), I always look forward to reading the Minimalist's column in the NYT to see what he's cooking this week. Sadly, after 13 years and 700+ recipes, he's leaving his post and turning toward writing about and advocating for "eater's rights." After more than a decade I guess this seems to be the logical next step, but now I'm thinking about printing out and archiving all of those recipes so I can have them on hand when the moment of inspiration strikes!

If you're wondering what to make for dinner tonight, check out this list of his Top 25 Dishes that either require minimal time, technique, or ingredients (As he says, many of his recipes include at least 2 of those categories). Some of my favorites ... Spaghetti with Fried Eggs, Sichuan Chicken with Chilis, and South Indian Eggplant Curry (ridiculously easy to make). It might be just the dish you didn't realize you were craving!

No comments: