06 January 2011

Tell me something I don't know ...

Sorry, but why do I live in a vortex of coin shortages?

Yet again, the news is running a big piece on the lack of coins in the city - the ticket windows at the train stations are just closing since apparently no one has any money (coins or otherwise) to help passengers buy their tickets to get home. No big deal or anything. Yeah, just go on home, buddy. I will stand here and try to melt down my bobby pins into coins to buy a ticket.

As usual, the coins that are hardest to come by are of 5 and 10 cents. I just don't get it.

I have devised this list to help get things in order for 2011.

New Year's Resolutions for Argentina & her peeps:
1. Stop robbing people for their sneakers and/or cell phones.
2. Get it together with the coins, guys.
3. While you're at it, please stop thinking that I will care more about your cause if you block traffic for several hours at a time. It actually works in reverse.
4. No more inflation, please? Seriously this time.
5. More Mexican/Indian/Vietnamese restaurants.
6. Stop trying to make those weird two-toe Nike sandals happen.

No comments: