Today I finally spent some time in Mihran, one of my favorite design stores in Buenos Aires. Strolling along Arenales street, you're often faced with the exact. same. stuff. in every single store. Modern, minimalist, eco-cuero, red/black/white combinations, white faux leather upholstered furniture ...
It makes my heart hurt. Where is the originality? Where is the innovation? I don't want to feel like I'm living in some cheap knock-off Miami bachelor pad.
Stepping into Mihran was a nice treat. Owned by a Turkish man, the shop imports incredible rugs, kilims (both antique and new), Middle Eastern textiles and some furniture. I was basically rolling around on the rugs by the time I left. Here is a photo of the rug I want for the living room. Actually, it's not the exact same rug but it's a very similar design with lots of indigo. I am nuts for indigo. I want to bathe in it.
I found another, smaller, rug that would be perfect for our TV room (aka the Brown Boudoir. Just thought of that but hey, pretty clever. Nahhht). It's really interesting visually and has some brighter colors in it but is rooted in brownish tones. If that were to be the only thing changed in the TV room, it would be enough!
Now hoping I can convince Josey of how lovely they are ... I think they speak for themselves.
20 September 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment