13 March 2010

Another Etsy Gem


I swear Etsy is the coolest thing ever.

I love this snap of a cotton field down in Mississippi. I would love to have $2,000 laying around so I could purchase a 30x40 print but alas, such luck is not mine.



Also posting up a shot of my floral arrangements from our curry feast last week. Today I will be doing what my iGoogle horoscope demands that I do: "Tasks that require focused thinking can be challenging; don't bother trying to pay your bills today. Instead, do something artistic that will allow you to rely more on your visionary side than your rational abilities. If you have a room that needs redecorating, there's no longer any need to put off the project. But don't spend the day lost in planning, either. Instead, be creative and let your inner child out to play."

Thank you for validating my inner design guru. José is planning his trip to Mendoza for next week and today will be spent roaming around antique markets and attempting to befriend my hero of the feria - the old guy who has the most incredible & impeccable pieces, adverts from the 60s, bronze doorknockers, wooden crates that haven't got a scratch on them and would be perfect for storing my stationery and books, the most amazing seltzer bottles, the list goes on. He's kind of a mean old man but I think it adds to his charm. I always drool over his stand and I hope one day he'll say "Come hither young grasshopper, I will teach you the ways of the flea market, and I will bequeath to you all my secrets, connections and shower you with antique gifts."

I just made myself swoon.

No comments: