08 March 2010

Today's Inspiration


I love these grouped family photographs that I saw in today's New York Times Home & Garden section. I absolutely drool over antique photos that I find at flea markets and think I might start buying some and group them in a nice geometric manner.

It's a beautiful and balmy Monday in Buenos Aires. Sadly, I had been neglecting my bathroom project because last week I was a little under the weather (ripping off paper and scraping off plaster from tiles isn't the best activity when you've got a low fever and serious head congestion) and José was still in BA (had planned to go to Mendoza but didn't) so my endless bits of free time kind of went down the drain. Today I spent a good 2 hours going at it and WOW I am a master genius of destruction ! I was literally soaking wet after attacking one wall - it felt amazing. Kind of like an alternative workout.

After that we got some medialunas and had a little lunch alfresco in Plaza San Martín. Lots of pups frolicking about and lots more couples groping each other and smooching. What is it with these people? I'll never understand. I also don't get how women here wear strapless dresses to work and somehow that is considered professional. It's even less professional when you have artificial DD's protruding from your body. Le sigh.

This afternoon I'm off for a doctor's appointment and then will be planning my Indian feast that I'm preparing for friends on Wednesday. Cilantro is always an elusive ingredient in this town. Might have to take a jaunt over to the Barrio Chino to explore its fun little markets full of creepy things and handy spices.

No comments: