23 March 2010

Autumn

Well it's technically Autumn in Buenos Aires, and on Sunday Mother Nature surprised us with a daylong downpour that was the perfect excuse to loaf around the house, have brunch at MALBA and snuggle up in sweatpants. Sometimes I just love a rainy, rainy day. The sun decided to come back and it's a brilliant day in Argentina. It's so invigorating, especially when the early mornings are crisp and even a bit chilly in the shade.

I have been running around like a wild woman trying to get some last minute visa renewal paperwork together. Definitely not the best activity for someone like myself, who tends to "drown herself in a glass of water" according to Josey. However things went rather smoothly yesterday and I'm glad that the paper-collecting part seems to be over. All I pray for is that my passport is able to be returned to me by Friday before we come back to the US !!!

Easter is going to be a wonderful visit home. I cannot wait to see all of my friends and family - it's been at least 8 months for most of them. The house will be finished, I will frolic with Bella, and once again I can eat Indian buffets for $7.95 and feast until my heart's content. Pottery Barn and Anthropologie Home will also benefit from my presence - what economic setback?

Last night José and I celebrated the 1 year anniversary of our first date - I cannot believe how fast the time has flown. This has been the most incredible year, and definitely my happiest to date. It's so amazing how your outlook changes when you wake up happy every morning without fail. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I could not ask for anything better. Hooray!

Anyway, I'm off. Time to get out of the house and bask in the sunshine before getting ready to head back to DC!

No comments: